Sant Antoni de Portmany Church
The origins of this church are the oldest on the island and go back to the 14th century. It was built on a small hill, near the port, and it underwent different changes especially throughout the 17th century.
It is a church-fortress, with thick walls, a defensive tower, a flat rooftop terrace and an atrium inside. This church was equipped with weapons until 1869, like that of Sant Jordi. It is made of a single reinforced semi-circle vault nave with 5 arches.
The parish festival is held on January 17th, the feast of Saint Anthony the Great.
Contenido cedido por Ibiza.travel